Portrait painting is a genre in painting, where the intent is to depict the visual appearance of the subject. Beside human beings, animals, pets and even inanimate objects can be chosen as the subject for a portrait. In addition to portrait painting, portraits can also be made in other media such as marble, bronze, ivory, wood, ceramic, etching, lithography, photography, even video and digital media.
The term 'portrait painting' can also describe the actual painted portrait. Portraitists create their work by commission, for public and private persons, or are inspired by admiration or affection for the subject. Portraits are often important state and family records, as well as remembrances. If an artist portrays him- or herself, the result is called a self-portrait.
Historically, portrait paintings have primarily memorialized the rich and powerful. Over time, however, it became more common for middle-class patrons to commission portraits of their families and colleagues. Today, the portrait painting is still commissioned by governments, corporations, groups, clubs, and individuals.
Ex. 3. Заповніть пропуски поданими нижче словами:
forgotten, easily, painted, pages, subject
It would be difficult to find a … that is more fascinating for painters than people. Peering out at us from the … of art history are the countless smiling, frowning, crying faces of people … in many different ways. Some are famous and … recognized, but a great many more are long … or may never have been identified.
Ex.4. Перекладіть речення українською мовою:
1.Being busy, Jack refused an invitation.
2. I could help him.
3. Could they have decided to move to England?
4. She must go to the bank tomorrow.
5. He shouldn’t have done it.
Ex. 5. Пригадайте правила вживання модального дієслова might та should:
Might це форма минулого часу дієслова may, та може вживатися для описання теперішнього часу.
Might- можливо, дуже вірогідно. It might rain in the evening.
Might– дуже ввічливе звертання. Might I ask you some questions.
Ex. 6. Заповніть пропуски модальними дієсловами: might, should
1. You ….. really have handed it straight over to your solicitors.
2. They ….. have sent him a telegram.
3. “You ….. go to bed early”, he said. “You look so tired”.
4. She ….. have told me about it before.
5. She ….. have done this homework better.
6. You ….. have seen his face.
7. ..... I report it?
8. He ….. be more careful.
9. He ….. listen to me more attentively.
10. “ You ….. eat a proper breakfast”, he said looking round in vain for signs of bacon and eggs.
11. I …… warn you that ignorance is no defence.
12. He ….. know her telephone number.
13. She …… be more polite.
14. I think we ….. talk to her friends.
15. I’ve never been to this place before but think it ….. be good.
16. He ….. have helped us.
17. Of course one …..have outside visitors more often.
18. ….. I have a glass of water?
19. ….. I go out now, go away until they’ve come and gone?
20. ….. I trouble you for a minute?
Вернуться в категорию: Мода
© 2013-2018 cozyhomestead.ru - При использовании материала "Удобная усадьба", должна быть "живая" ссылка на cozyhomestead.ru.